Picnic

Picnic

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Planting Seeds

The boys and I planted Impatiens the other day.  It was a lot of fun, especially since I've never grown my own flowers before.  We're hoping that in the next 10-18 days we'll see some life.  If not, at least Abishai learned how to plant seeds.  He cried when we were done, because he wanted to plant more.
All of our supplies for getting started.
I poured the potting soil into a bowl to make it easier for Abishai to transfer into the egg cartons.
Ready for planting.
Abishai poking holes for the seeds.  The seeds were so small that I had to place them in each hole myself.  Abishai was disappointed that he couldn't do it himself.
Micaiah watching us plant.
Covering the seeds with soil.
Watering.

Isaiah 61:11
For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.

2 comments:

  1. Lilah and I just started some basil in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using an egg bow for planting seeds is a great idea Renae...I have never seen anyone do it before! You little guys look so serious about their planting! Great activity...little ones really do love to plant and get their hands dirty!

    ReplyDelete