Picnic

Picnic

Monday, April 1, 2013

Character Development

Over the last couple of months we've been focusing on character development.  Focus on the Family has a resource called Character Crew, Develop Moral Character.  Their site has a printable poster and story relating to each virtue, as well as an Adventures in Odyssey episode, and a related age appropriate activity.

To supplement the stories from Character Crew, my husband reads God's Wisdom for Little Boys just before our family bible reading each morning.  I've drawn on it a few times when my boys were fighting.  You might find me saying,"Boys, God's little boy is self-controlled."


At lunch time while the boys eat, I read two or three stories from our Book of Virtues which correspond to the virtue of that particular week.  It's a great book for developing moral character in your children. Here's the table of contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment