Picnic

Picnic

Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy!

I've been slowing down with my blogging lately.  Since spring has arrived, my work load has doubled.  Not only do I have homeschooling, house work, meals to prep and 4 children to care for, but now I have yard work and gardening to add to the list as well.  Do you know how hard it is to get yard work done with 4 children at your heels?  Almost impossible.  Now don't get me wrong, I love doing yard work!  Yes, I really do.  I love mowing the grass, digging my fingers in the dirt (no gloves here), planting and pulling weeds.  I have vision and goals, but never the time to do it!  It took me weeks to get a small garden ready for planting (which is still not planted) and from my perspective and probably most everyone else's as well, it still looks like I haven't worked on it!  Five minutes after I get out there to work, I find myself stopping to attend to a crying baby, or siblings that are fighting, or helping someone put their shoes on after trampolining or to turn around to who ever is asking me to "Look at me Mommy!  Look what I can do!"  It's non-stop.  How I accomplish anything at all often puzzles me.  Anyways, that's my rant on why my blogging has slowed down.

Here's some of what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks in addition to all those things.

Garage sales!  A quick bite to eat in between houses.
Mother's Day celebrations!





































Spring walks.
A new spelling program!  Which we love and are almost done!  Abishai has grown leaps and bounds because of this program.  It's called All About Spelling.
Our spelling box.






































Swimming lessons!





































My dad helping to put in a rain barrel to water my garden.





































Trampolining with their cousin.
Social Studies: learning about their neighbourhood.
The boys mapping their neighbourhood.





































Reading practice about Christopher Columbus and tracking his journey on the globe.





































Picnics with fellow homeschooling friends.
Bike rides through local forests.





































Riding at the skate park.



No comments:

Post a Comment