Picnic

Picnic

Monday, March 15, 2010

Bean Box!

Bean box fun! This is a favorite in our house. It's a box I pull out for the winter months when we can no longer play in our outdoor sandbox.  Micaiah loves to sink his hands in to feel the texture of the beans.  He would play with it every day, but at his age it takes close supervision on my part to keep the beans inside of the box.  My favorite beans are the big ones; black beans and chick peas. They are easy to pick off the carpet.  Kidney beans would be great too!  I wish that I had left out the lentils; too small to find.  One tip is that if you have light carpet, go with dark beans and vice versa.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to when Jones is big enough to bring it out again. Maybe next winter. It is hard at our place though because we have old hardwoods and the fall into cracks and holes. I have beans stuck under the baseboards all around the living room. If it gets humid I may end up with vines inside. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be funny. You could do some sprouting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I think I will definitely be trying this one...thank you for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea Renae! I think I will do this one with my kids.

    ReplyDelete