Picnic

Picnic

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lov'n cloth diapers

I just started cloth diapering Micaiah at the end of January.  I had toyed with the idea of cloth diapers when I was pregnant with Abishai, but got overwhelmed with "all the work" I thought cloth diapering would add to my life as well as with the start up costs.  But when Micaiah was born, I had several friends that were using cloth diapers so I revisited the idea.  What set me teetering towards the cloth side of the fence was when I got to watch a friend of mine cloth diaper her baby girl.  Being a visual learner, she helped me to see that it's really no big deal.  So, I made the decision to do cloth and began my search for a diaper that would work for Micaiah, our heavy nighttime wetter.  We ended up purchasing Annie Marie Padorie's (AMP) one size pocket duo diapers.  It's been just over a month now, and I've been cloth diapering during the day (even when we're out), and at night time. What can I say? I'm loving it.  Below are some pictures of Micaiah posing for us. Let's just say he was very relaxed with the camera...
 
  
  
  
AMP has a wide range of colors to choose from.  I have six in my collection, which usually lasts me 3 days.  I like the one size because they will snap up smaller for those tiny newborn bums.  They also fit on my tall 2 1/2 year old.
  
The travel wet bag is from The Sling Sisters and the SuperDuo (top left) is from Tiny Tree Huggers.
The SuperDuo is for those super jumbo night time wetters.  What also works for me is putting two bamboo inserts (bottom left) wrapped inside of a cotton prefold with another bamboo insert under that.  What I discovered is that even though Bamboo absorbs a lot, it doesn't absorb quickly.  Cotton does, so by placing a prefold around the bamboo we ended up having night time success!   Micaiah is pretty bulky but he doesn't seem to mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment